Friday, January 24, 2014

"Princess Margaret" Altered Book Spread


I am currently in an altered book round robin that I am really excited about. The first book other than my own that I am working in has the theme "Vintage Europe". I have decided to use an old Moleskin planner to do a mock-up book for all the work I do this year. We are to do two spreads for each book, and so this is the mock up for the first spread. I decided to do spreads about the royal princesses, Margaret and Elizabeth (now Queen Elizabeth). They were both so beautiful and, in my mind, the epitome of royal princesses. I have really enjoyed reading up on them. Since they were young in the late 40s and early 50s, I thought it would go well with the theme.

Below are some of the step by step photos. I'll post the finished product of the actual book once I am done.


Planner with two pages glued together for strength.
Added Golden's gesso
Scraped on Golden liquid acrylic in yellow and stamped images using Archival black ink
Painted edges with Tim Holz Distress Paint.
Gessoed over it all, added texture medium through a stencil, added pink ink.



For the finishing touches, I added the photos of Princess Margaret, pearls, decoupaged paper napkin, Reminisce glitter glue, lace and pom-poms. Then I used rub-on letters and stickers to finish the page.

Now on to Princess Elizabeth.

No comments: